This round is split into 3 programmes, with a special focus on EB junior faculty and cross-school research collaborations.
|Deadline:||10 November 2023|
|Submission:||We are closed for submissions (d.d. 11 November 2023)|
1. Cross-school (and across faculties) research applications: up to 15K Euro for research proposals involving faculty members from the School of Economics and the Business School, or with researchers from other UvA Faculties. Preference will be given to projects indicating an EB junior faculty member (PhD students, Post-docs, tenure-track assistant professors, level II associate professors) as PI.
2. Junior faculty research applications: up to 10K Euro for research proposals involving only EB junior faculty members.
|3. General applications (including teaching and outreach): up to 10K Euro for research projects not fitting the previous categories, new course proposals, or outreach initiatives.|
|We aim to dedicate two-thirds of the total amount available to applications of the first and second categories.|
|Eligible expenses||• Data access and collection, research assistants (RA rate standardized: 55 per hour gross, hired via Studijob, and including UvA overhead), curriculum development|
|• Conferences/research travels/visitor proposals (according to UvA policy concerning Sustainable travel)|
|• Outreach initiatives (e.g., workshops, panel sessions, roundtables)|
|Decision:||by 15 December 2023|
|Total budget:||100K Euro|
|Decision process:||Proposals will be evaluated by the ASF Scientific Committee, approved by the EB Dean, and ABS and ASE Research Directors.|
The selection will be made according to the following criteria:
1. Quality of the proposal (45%):
- Relevance of the problem
- Innovative character (e.g., new concepts or theory, methods, new data)
- Feasibility of the research plan
- Societal impact of the proposal
2. Fit with the ASF Goals (40%)
3. Efficient use of the amount of money requested, outlined in a detailed budget section (15%)
The ASF Scientific Committee may grant only a fraction of the amount requested by the applicant(s). Applying for top-up funding is possible in one of the next grant rounds.
Any EB faculty members can apply (the call is not open for external EB faculty). Receiving funding implies agreeing to report after two years from the reception of the grant. The use of the ASF grant budget cannot be transferred to other institutions and can be used only if the principal investigator (PI) is affiliated with the EB faculty. We ask our grant holders to participate in ASF activities (including seminars and outreach events) and present their research.
Each faculty member can appear as PI in a maximum of 2 proposals and will get a maximum of 1 proposal accepted. However, faculty members can participate in multiple applications as co-investigators or collaborators. If an application is rejected, the faculty member is eligible to participate in future calls with a new proposal. In specific circumstances, the ASF Scientific Committee can invite the re-submission of an updated version of the previously rejected proposal.