This round is split into three programs, with a special focus on EB junior faculty and cross-school research collaborations.
|Deadline:||9 January 2023|
|Submission:||Submit your application|
1. Cross-school (and across faculties) research applications: up to 15K Euro for research proposals involving faculty members from the School of Economics and the Business School, or with researchers from other UvA Faculties. Preference will be given to projects indicating an EB junior faculty member (PhD students, Post-docs, tenure-track assistant professors, level II associate professors) as PI.
2. Junior faculty research applications: up to 10K Euro for research proposals involving only EB junior faculty members.
|3. General applications (including teaching and outreach): up to 10K Euro for research projects not fitting the previous categories, new course proposals, or outreach initiatives.|
|We aim to dedicate two-thirds of the total amount available to applications of the first and second categories.|
|Eligible expenses||• Data access and collection, research assistants (RA rate standardized: 55 per hour gross, hired via Studijob, and including UvA overhead), curriculum development|
|• Conferences/research travels/visitor proposals (according to UvA policy concerning Sustainable travel)|
|• Outreach initiatives|
|Decision:||by 10 February 2023|
|Total budget:||100K Euro|
|Decision process:||Proposals will be evaluated by the ASF Scientific Committee, approved by the EB Dean, and ABS and ASE Research Directors.|
The selection will be made according to the following criteria:
1. Quality of the proposal (45%):
- Relevance of the problem
- Innovative character (e.g., new concepts or theory, methods, new data)
- Feasibility of the research plan
- Societal impact of the proposal
2. Fit with the ASF Goals (40%)
3. Efficient use of the amount of money requested, outlined in a detailed, but brief (150 words) budget section (15%)
The ASF Scientific Committee may grant only a fraction of the amount requested by the applicant(s). Applying for top-up funding is possible in one of the next grant rounds.
Any EB faculty member can apply. Receiving funding implies agreeing to report after two years from the reception of the grant. We ask our grant holders to participate in ASF activities (including seminars and outreach events) and present their research.
The next call will be announced in Spring 2023.
If you have any questions regarding this call for grant, please contact us.